- Adjunct Faculty member at Florida International University teaching Introduction to Human-Computer Interaction as the school of Computer Engineering Fall 2012 and Spring 2013
- Founder and Organizer of the South Florida User Experience Meetup Group
- Published in UX Magazine Motivating Users: How to Integrate Persuasion into Design Volume 11, Issue 1, 2012
- Presented during the Attendee Presentations at the Front End Design conference in 2011 on Principles of Persuasion: 21 Principles in 15 minutes.
- Presented to the New Tech Community group of Boca Raton, Fl on 10 Design and Layout Principles Guaranteed to Improve your Website.
Current Employment: Ultimate Software
User Experience Research Lead at Ultimate Software, one of the leading HRMS providers. Focused on integrating user experience into the agile development cycles while using research and user input to evaluate the system from a holistic approach.
- Integration of user experience into the development environment including raising awareness of user experience within the company as well as implementing interface best practices and standards.
- User research including usability testing, personas, surveys, and support-call monitoring.
- Creation of documentation libraries, including pattern libraries, holistic sitemaps, and deliverable standards.
- Work with teams and project owners to produce wireframes of various fidelities, design critiques and interaction specifications.
- Continual monitoring of the competition as well as the progress the application usability through heuristic reviews and interface bug lists.
- Working with various teams to integrate usability acceptance metrics and goals into project completion requirements
Past Employment: Kaplan University
Lead the User Experience (UX) team in managing project resources and documentation deliverables surrounding usability, interaction design and the information architecture of internal and external systems. Primary direction and goals surround advocating the importance of an intuitive user experience by creating obvious, useable web sites and applications that are well organized and expandable for growth.
- Coordinate with team employees to ensure they are up to speed on current deliverables while managing large-scale UI projects and analyzing requirements for new potential projects.
- Collaborate closely with the business stakeholders as well as business analysts throughout the project lifecycle to provide user experience guidance for creating effective well organized interface solutions that support the user’s mental model and task flows.
- Lead interface development on projects ranging from simple interaction modifications to large scale site renovations using knowledge of the internal business environment as well as UX industry standards and best practices.
- Develop documents to aid in research and analysis of the user experience, including interactive prototypes, low and high fidelity wireframes, process flows, interaction specifications, sitemaps, content and heuristic evaluations, strategy reports, personas, card sorting, surveys, end user testing, contextual inquiries and analysis of site analytics.
- Define, interpret and analyze research data into documented recommendations and action points for use with new applications as well as redesigns and current system modifications.
- Continually expand personal knowledge in the field of UX through research and training to ensure that system outcomes are intuitive and user-centered as well as meeting the needs of the business.
- Manage and implement bi-weekly interface code reviews and standards training for the HTML/CSS/DHTML group that focuses on changes in technology and how those changes can be utilized to benefit usability and interaction design in applications
- Dictate and establish guidelines within the team surrounding appropriate UI documentation deliverables and lifecycles based on project type, scope and timelines.
- Collaborate closely with the Design/HTML team to create interface standards regarding application visual design and layout which includes assisting in the creation and enforcement of style guidelines.
- Masters in Human Factors and Information Design from Bentley University
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Information Systems from DeVry University – Graduate Cum Laude
- Advertising and Graphic Design Major at the Columbus College of Art and Design – 2 years
- Member of the Usability Professionals’ Association
- Member of the Association for Computing Machinery Special Intrest Group Computer-Human Interaction
- Member of the Interaction Design Association
- Member of the American Society for Information Science and Technology
Software & Languages
Areas in which I am currently practicing:
Areas in which I have knowledge or past experience:
JAVA SQL VB.Net EDI Specifications Gentran Basic Action Script 3.0 QuarkXPress Freehand MS Visual Studio
Comments are closed, but trackbacks and pingbacks are open.