My Top 10 UX RSS Feeds
Technology is constantly changing. Everyday research is done, things are discovered and advancements are made. With the rise of RSS feeds I have found my feed reader becoming an indispensable source of information to help keep me up to date in this constantly changing profession. I’ve had many people ask me where I find the articles i’m always forwarding.
Therefore I have decided to post my top 10 list of UX feeds. There are certainly many more, but these are the ones I find my self continually reading on a regular basis. They are provided below in no particular order accompanied with a brief description of the content. If there are any missing that you enjoy, please post a link in the comments.
- Boxes and Arrows – General user experience articles that cross a broad range of topics from business implementation to best practices and techniques.
- UsabilityNews – Provides headlines from various news sources about the latest in user experience news.
- Adaptive Path – From the well known California based consultancy they provide articles from their employees covering projects and research they are involved in.
- Konigi – Another combination of articles and links from around the web that focus on user experience
- SitePoint – Articles that focus more on the business end but have a strong design and user centric focus.
- Peter Merholz Harvard Business Review – Business based articles about user experience writen for the Harvard Review by one of the founders of Adaptive Path.
- Smashing Magazine – Fantastic resource for design and user experience links for current practictioners, how to’s, best practices, portfolio examples, freebies etc.
- The UX Booth – General UX articles sprinkled with usability website reviews.
- Don Norman’s Essays – Fantastic essays from one of the leaders of user experience from a psychology ponit of view.
- UIE Brain Sparks – Podcasts and articles from Jarod Spools group at User Interface Engineering.